To support our quick growth, we are actively looking for new talents to come and join our Operations team.
We are looking for an OPS Engineer/Sysadmin/DEVOPS Ninja, spread the word! The LinkedIn post is HERE.
Are you a seasoned Ubuntu user? Do you have a firm grasp on running websites and also understand DNS, HTTP, HTTP-caching? Do you long to build a truly operations-oriented service platform? Do you enjoy building frameworks that engineers leverage to create operational excellence in the platform? Want to create a service using best-of-the-best open source solutions? Do you enjoy collecting/correlating data while troubleshooting? Do you enjoy working with customers? If you answer these questions “Yes”, then XDN is the place for you.
- Develop tools or deploy existing open-source solutions to solve problems in an agile environment
- Enhancing existing tools and open-source solutions
- Manage deployments of software and configurations
- Interface with engineering on design and architecture with a focus on scalable, automated systems
- Work with engineering to develop processes and strategies for supporting a worldwide internet presence
- Support the worldwide infrastructure in an on-call capacity
- Turn-ups, troubleshooting, and optimization of customer configurations/traffic.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Confident scripting skills in Ruby, Python, and/or PHP, with the desire to develop those skills
- Some experience in perl, shell.
- Some experience with Java/C/C++ optional
- Production Linux system administration experience, preferably on Debian or Ubuntu (we use Ubuntu)
- Automated system management with chef.
- An understanding of scalable monitoring and statistics gathering architectures and tools
- Prior experience managing deployments of several of: hadoop, hbase, cassandra, mongodb, redis, memcache, apache, puppet/chef, cfengine, capistrano, git, svn, cvs, nagios, cacti, ganglia, mysql, ldap, tacacs, and trac
- Prior experience with automated system provisioning (kickstart, pxe, etc)
- Experience with cabling, configuring, and troubleshooting OSI layers 1 through 4
- Knowledge of such things as TCP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, SNMP, AMQP, LDAP, etc.
- Prior experience with networking operations and hardware a plus
Process & work style
- Modern System Administration best practices: automation, configuration management, package management, documentation
- Ensure all processes are repeatable, reliable, auditable, and scalable
- Experience in a mission-critical 24×7 production environment required
- Organized, self-managing, requiring little supervision
- Able to track and prioritize multiple projects/tasks
- Curiosity. You want to learn more about development and operations, and you’ve probably googled any of the above technologies that you didn’t already know about.
- You enjoy explaining and discussing technology in your area of expertise and responsibility
- B.S. or other degree optional
2 relatively current references required